Step 1: Start-up funding. Raised
To make Route To Reserves a reality, pitches were made for funding and partnerships: to geological surveys, exploration companies and raw materials consortia.
Success! Start-up funding was awarded by EIT Raw Materials from its 2017 Kick-Starter programme.
Next, to create decision quality workflows for regional-scale exploration targeting of critical metals, and method to assess suitability of a mineral province to an organisation's strategy.
Step 2: Tools to evaluate mineral provinces and strategic fit. Tested
Base of The Exploration Triangle: for a strong foundation.
Stage 1: Province Screening and Strategy Fit.
- Regional-scale database organised spatially in GIS.
- Province screening: exploration maturity, key risks.
- Check that regions and licenses fit strategic intent.
- Readiness to assess sub-provinces. Recommendations.
Stage 2: Province and sub-province scales of investigation.
- Detailed exploration and exploitation history.
- Describe and risk favourable, permissive sub-provinces.
- Undiscovered endowment potential.
- Readiness to analyse mineral systems and occurrences.
Ongoing: Mineral System Risk Mapping and Ranking.
Compare, risk and rank provinces at mineral system scale.
Combine and advance predictive mineral exploration targeting with probabilistic Play-Based Exploration.
- Quantify and map chance of success.
- Risk and rank prospectivity of districts and license blocks.
- Robust resource categorisation.
= Focus your resources on low exploration risk locations.
A cobalt province-screening study completed for Berkut Minerals.