Structural controls on commodity deposits
Build your targeting model through a tectonics to structural to deposit scale sequence; As Nature did.
Optimize your data acquisition programs to fill structural knowledge gaps; Structure controls mineralization!
Extend your trapping and deposition model along underexplored, prospective, structural trends.
Example of cross-section sketching to emphasize the implications of multi-stage deformation on vein systems.
Interpretation of top basement tensional and shear deformation c. 2 km deep
Linkage of thrust ramps and flats with pre-existing extensional faults
Fracture characteristics in mineralised drill core: sketched for students during gold drilling
Results-based integration for your structural challenges at tectonic, structural, permeability and mineralized vein scales.
Experienced in a range of geodynamic settings, tectonic stress regimes, deformation styles and implications for mineralizing fluids.
- Zagros, Canadian Rockies, Scottish Highlands, Apennines, Turkey and Cyprus, and Caucasus fold-thrust belts.
- Upper Rhine Graben, Oman, N. Atlantic, North Sea, Wessex Basin, NE India and Mid-Atlantic Ridge rift systems.
- Mid-Atlantic Ridge, Troodos ophiolite, N. Anatolian and Zagros transform faults, transfer zones and tectonic indentor systems.
Fracture system and vein analyses (satellite imagery, outcrop, image log, wireline logs, drill core):
- Vein-hosted gold mineralization in Tanzania and Greenland.
- Granulation seams in clastic petroleum reservoirs, onshore U.K.
- Fractured carbonate petroleum reservoirs in Iraq, Canada, Italy.
- Fractured basement petroleum reservoirs in Yemen and offshore U.K.
- Onshore Yemen, Zagros Foreland Basin.
Undercompacted and overpressured mud diapirism:
- Eastern Black Sea.
Training courses designer and leader. Examples include:
Collaborative Seismic Interpretation workshops, MaerskOil, Copenhagen.
Fractured Carbonate Reservoirs, Sonatrach senior geoscientists, Algeria.
Exploration Team Management and 2D seismic interpretation, PetroVietnam.
Structural Geology, to Libya NOC geoscientists and engineers.
Fracture systems in carbonate reservoirs, to Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists, Canadian Rockies.
Exploration and Petroleum Systems, to financial analysts. Iraqi Zagros.
Fold-Thrust Belt Systems, to the Kurdistan Ministry of Natural Resources, Canadian Rockies.
Fold-Thrust Belt Systems, to WesternZagros Resources and Gazprom Neft, Canadian Rockies.
Analyzing mineralization networks across a reverse-reactivated fault
Implications of faulting on quarrying and groundwater flow
Carbonatite dykes at Lofdal REE project opened 2 existing fracture sets, showing that magma pressure > intermediate compressive stress. Mapping host rock fracture systems can enable estimate of the extent of the mineral deposit.
Drilling and structural logging, Lupa Goldfield, Tanzania
Structural logging, Lupa Goldfield, Tanzania
Assays of up to 70g/ton gold, Lupa Goldfield, Tanzania
Structural logging, a gold project in Greenland